Mars Hill Church and Cemeteries

While we were taking a trip down Memory Lane, we stopped by three cemeteries.  Dad, Donna and Todd are on the board for the Mars Hill Church.  It is a log church out in the country.  It was vandalized and burnt a few years ago and it has been fully restored.  My brother, Todd and Melinda were married there.

This is taken through the window.
Check out the awesome reflection of the tombstones.
We cleaned up my Grandpa and Grandma Padget's grave and my Uncle Carl and Donna's at the cemetery in Floris. I try to stop by once a year. This is where Mike and I want to be buried. It is so peaceful. You can hear the cows mooing. The flowers were faded, but still intact.  When I come back in the spring, I will bring new flowers.


We miss them every day!

We stopped by Sherman Chapel where my Dad and Donna are going to be buried. They had the stone set last year. It is cool that they have the children's names listed on the back. As a child Connie and I used to go to church at Sherman Chapel. Sharon Helmick (my step-mother's sister) played the piano and I can remember her sister Sarah singing.  Donna is the 4th generation Helmicks to be buried there.



It seems that horses really like Mike.  Across the fence was a horse.  He came right up to Mike.
Mike had a candid conversation with the horse.
Please get these flys off of me!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awwwww, Hoss is ready for Uncle Mike to get down here and teach him some lessons! Tell Mike we have all 3 lunging now!
Alesha

Popular posts from this blog

Astrid is 10 Today

Broken Arrow, Oklahama

Mayberry, North Carolina