Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota

This has to be one of my favorite place on our journey.  I have been waiting years to see it.  When I was in grade school our neighbors had gone there and brought pictures.  Every year they change the mural.  We drove past there a few years ago and was going to stop on the way back.  But went home a different route. 
I know this is "corny", but I loved it.

They were in the process of putting a new mosaic on the outside of the building.

It looked like there was a group of high school and college kids working on the mosaic.  Some were on the ground cutting grass for the border and others were on lifts stapling it to the building.


The detail is astonishing.  They have a pattern drawn on roofing paper and coded with the color of corn to use in each section.


Speaking of "corny," Mike told me I could buy the sweatshirt, but was reluctant about the hat.



Comments

Dave & Rebecca said…
Hey guys! This trip of yours takes us back to the same trip we took in 2007. Are you going on to Yellowstone/Grand Teton? Dave and Becky Crawford

Popular posts from this blog

Astrid is 10 Today

Broken Arrow, Oklahama

Mayberry, North Carolina