Maine Lobester Festival in Rockland

Another item crossed off my bucket list....Rockland Maine Lobster Festival.  I was in bed and could hear fog horns.  I thought to myself that it must be the fishing fleet celebrating the harvest of lobsters for the fest.  I looked out the window, and they really were using their for horns for the fog.....


We were there the first day of the Festival.  The  crowd was not as big as it will be on the weekend.






We toured all the tents and then got in line for a lobster dinner.  They steam 750 lobsters at a time, so the line moved pretty fast.





We waited in line and chatted with people.  There was only one person I talked to that was from Maine.  







They are soft shelled, so just rip into them and squeeze em!

They are so ugly, but so good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Astrid is 10 Today

Broken Arrow, Oklahama

Mayberry, North Carolina